Upper Mustang Trek Highlights
01. Kathmandu and Pokhara City Tour
02. Scenic flight to and from Jomsom
03. Beautiful, surreal high desert mountain landscapes
04. Man-made caves in Grand Canyon-like landscapes
Until recently the Upper Mustang was one of the most isolated and unexplored corners of the Trans-Himalayan region. Foreign trekkers were first allowed to visit in 1992. Since its opening this region has become a very special destination for trekkers, despite the expensive permit fees compared to other regions. Once Upper Mustang used to be a separate kingdom and still it looks like a kingdom of a different kind, not only because of its topographic uniqueness but also because of its untouched Tibetan culture, people and their traditions. New lodges have made this trek more comfortable these days.
Upper Mustang Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (820m).
Day 03: Fly to Jomsom (2720m) & Trek to Kagbeni.
Day 04: Trek to Chele (3050 m).
Day 05: Trek to Geling (3570m).
Day 06: Trek to Dhakmar (2820m).
Day 07: Cross Mui la pass (4170m) & Trek to Tsarang (3560m).
Day 08: Trek to Lo-Manthang (3810m).
Day 09: Rest day in Lo-Manthang.
Day 10: Lo-Manthang to Dhakmar (3820m).
Day 11: Dhakmar to Syangbochen (3800m).
Day 12: Syangbochen- Chhusang (2900m).
Day 13: Trek to Jomsom (2720m).
Day 14: Jomsom to Pokhara
Dey 15: Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus.
Day 16: Final departure from Kathmandu.
Upper Mustang Trek Cost Includes
01. Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
02. Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast.
03. Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the Trek as applicable.
04. Guided city tour (Half Day) with world heritage entrance permit.
05. Full board meals while on trekking.
06. All domestic flights and airport tax.
07. TIMS & Restricted region trek special permit.
08. Accommodation at clean and comfortable tea house or lodge.
09. Professional & highly expertise local trekking group leader.
10. Comprehensive FIRST AID KIT.
11. Porters to carry all personal gear and group gears while on trekking.
12. Insurance of all staff including porters.
13. Warm clothing and other required trekking gear for porters.
14. Trekking Route Map.
Upper Mustang Trek Cost Excludes
01. International airfare and airport tax.
02. Nepal entry visa fees.
03. Medical and personal high risk insurance.
04. Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
05.Bar & Beverage Bills.
06. Emergency rescue evacuation.
07. Tips and personal nature expenses.
08. Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming.