+ Post a new listing+ Post a new listing

Andes & Amazon Rainforest, Ecuador - 7 Days

Price per person based on 2 people on the tour

This private tour is designed with the concerned traveler in mind. We will take you to some of the highlights of Ecuador. During this tour you will be accompanied by a fully licensed bi-lingual guide who will introduce you to the various cultures that make Ecuador such a diverse country.

During this tour you will experience a different way of travelling where we will do our utmost best to introduce you to the local flavors and giving you the option to experience typical delicacies from the various regions of Ecuador, combined with a cultural experience and adrenaline with some extreme sports and relaxing hot springs.

Day 1: Pick up at airport and private transfer to a home stay or B&B in Quito

Day 2: We will leave early and drive to Papallacta - well known for its hot springs - located high up in the Andes for a little relaxation time. After this we will continue our way towards the border of the Amazon Rainforest and close to Mishuali where we will visit a small Kichwa community, see the manace monkeys and make our way to our home stay in the Amazon Rainforest

Day 3: Today we will hike in the Amazon Rainforest where you will see a vast biodiversity with a focus on ethno-botany. The local guide that will accomapny you as well on this hike can explain how the indegenous people have been using these plants to cure illness.

Day 4: We will leave our homestay and go on our way to Banos, very well known for being the adventure capital of Ecuador. We will take the "Ruta de Cascadas" (waterfall route) and have stops for a hike and photography (this hike will also take you to the places used to shoot the movie "Proof of Life" with Meg Ryan and Russel Crowe). For the next 2 nights, we will make Banos our home.

Day 5: This is a day of leisure. We can assist you in making arrangements for rafting, biking, rapeling, spa treatments or anything else you would like to do today.

Day 6: We leave Banos and continue our way to Antisana. This snow-capped volcano close to Quito is home to the mighty Condor and many other birds, the most bio-diverse National Reserve in the Ecuadorean Highlands, where we will hike and do our best to spot the Condor. Overnight will be in Quito.

Day 7: The last day of the tour. A city tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site (the historical city center of Quito) will be the last activity on this fully packed tour. You can choose to either have a late check-out or stay one more night in beautiful Quito.

Country: Ecuador
Transfer: Included
Food: Not included
Best Deal:
Airport: Quito
Registered Member of Tourism board of: Ecuador
Testimonials (Website,TripAdvisor, etc.): No
Guide Languages:
Experience Level: Easy
Tour operator name: Tourguide Ecuador
Min group size: 2
Max group size: 20
Duration: 7
Provided Accommodation: Hotel
Included in service: 1. Transfer from and to the airport 2. Private transport during the whole tour 3. Bi-lingual guide during the whole tour 4. 7 nights accomodation in homestays / B&B's 5. Travel Insurance for Ecuador
Not included in Service: 1. Meals (average of $25 per person per day) 2. Entrance fees (i.e.: Comapnia de Jesus (Golden Church) $4,- / Papallacta $8.50 / Comunidad Tioyacu $5 / Amazon Hike $5 / Eastern Cloudforest Hike $2 / Zipline $2 / Rafting $35 / Rapeling $35 / Bicycle Hire $15 / Banos Hotsprings $3 / Massages Banos $15 - $50 / Horseback Riding $25 - all prices per person) 3. Drinks 4. Tips
Recommended Season:
Guaranteed departure dates: All year every day
Remarks: Price per person based upon 2 people. For other prices please contact us!
Terms and Conditions: Payment: 30% upon reservation and the rest (70%) minimum 2 weeks before departure. In case of last minute booking (3 weeks before departure), the total fee needs to be paid upon reservation
Listing created Dec 2, 2015

Public discussion (0)

You must log in to send a new comment.